IYCWM is devoted to the teachings of B.K.S. Iyengar, and his children, Geeta and Prashant Iyengar of Pune, India. Mr. Iyengar believed that yoga is for everyone, regardless of strength, flexibility, age, or other perceived weaknesses. We are committed to looking at and acknowledging the ways race, class, sexuality, gender identity and body positivity shape us as yoga practitioners and human beings, both individually and in our community. We continue to educate ourselves about and acknowledge structures of oppression and how they operate in Iyengar Yoga and communities in general.
Why try IYCWM?
- All bodies, all ages, all abilities, all sizes welcome
- Supportive, welcoming community
- Wide array of classes taught from high energy to restorative to therapeutic.
- Individualized teaching to suit special needs or injuries.
- Highly trained teachers – including the top Iyengar teachers visiting from all over the globe.
We support BIPOC and LGBTQ communities. We are committed to co-creating an inclusive environment to grow, learn and thrive together.